Contact UsColorado Backcountry Hunters and Anglers 4790 Tavern Place Littleton, CO 80123
Telephone: (303) 978-5477
Colorado Parks and Wildlife
Colorado Fishing Atlas
- Proposed Legislation Could Eliminate Background Check 3-day “Safety Valve”Guns Democratic 2020 residential hopefuls campaign for more gun control in the wake of Aurora, Illinois shooting Proposed legislation inappropriately-named ‘Charleston loophole’ could eliminate the three-day “safety-valve provision” under the federal firearms background check…
- Photo Essay: Duck Hunting North Dakota's Prairie PotholesHunting An early arctic blast sends ducks pouring into North Dakota's prairie potholes, where, if you're lucky, you can still hunt on a handshake There are still some places in the lower 48 where a smile and a handshake can get you access to some of the best waterfowl hunting you've ever had.
- Why Wilderness Matters to Hunters and AnglersOpen Country A hunter's perspective on the Wilderness debate Since Theodore Roosevelt wrote The Wilderness Hunter in 1893, American hunters and anglers have been in the debate about Wilderness. This continues today as the US…
- 10 Great Ice Fishing Lures for Walleye and PerchFishing These classic lures can pull double duty when you’re on the hard-water If you’ve thought about consolidating your hard-water tackle box but don’t know where to start, consider these 10 jigs and lures that are equally effective at catching…
- 5 Things Outdoorsmen Need to Know About the Public Lands PackageOpen Country The Senate passed the Natural Resources Management Act S. 47 earlier this week, now it heads to the House On Tuesday, the U.S. Senate passed the largest public lands bill that we’ve seen in a decade. It approved the bill by an overwhelming 98-2 vote. The legislation, known…
- Proposed Legislation Could Eliminate Background Check 3-day “Safety Valve”
- AI helps feed fish betterGlobal aquaculture company, AKVA, and British artificial intelligence (AI) specialist Observe Technologies have produced new software that uses AI to help feed fish more efficiently.
- How to raise healthy lumpfishGood feed and the right environment are key for lumpfish to thrive at work, say researchers from the Norwegian institute Nofima.
- Safety solutions addressed in new workshopsWorkers in the sub IMO/sub 24m professional sector will be able to learn about the latest safety solutions from experts at a NEXT GEN event in Southampton, UK this April.
- MSC certificates suspended for Bay of Biscay sardine fisheriesThe MSC certificates for French and Spanish purse seine sardine fisheries, the South of Brittany sardine fishery in France, and the Spanish Bay of Biscay sardine fishery, will be suspended on 12th March 2019. This was announced in the Notice of Suspension which was issued by the independent certifier, Bureau Veritas.
- KnipBio Earns GRAS Green Light from FDA for Novel Aquafeed ProteinKnipBio Inc. announced it has received Generally Regarded As Safe (GRAS) designation from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Center for Veterinary Medicine for its KnipBio Meal (KBM) aquafeed ingredient for salmonids and other finfish species.
- AI helps feed fish better
Call Water Damage Colorado Springs (WDCS) for all your water damage restoration and mold remediation needs. Serving the entire Colorado Springs Metro area
Category Archives: fishing
Colorado Parks and Wildlife officials are grappling with how to find new revenue streams amid budget cuts and millions of dollars worth of deferred maintenance stacking up at its dams and fisheries just in time for thousands of orange- and camouflage-clad … Continue reading
Ex-Colorado Fishing Guide, Jason Lesmeister, encourages folk to head north and try their luck at Alaska fishing. We were able to find this recent press release about Jason’s company: COOPER LANDING, AK / Many consider the Kenai River in Alaska the … Continue reading
Beneath the steep, red walls of this mountainous valley, Norman Maktima drifts his dry-dropper rig through a deep riffle in an undisclosed section of the Eagle River. (I would tell you where it is, but then I would have to … Continue reading
Conditions for the week of Aug. 30. Information is provided by Colorado Parks & Wildlife employees and local fishing enthusiasts. Keep in mind that fishing conditions change on a constant basis. Much can change in a week from the time … Continue reading