Contact UsColorado Backcountry Hunters and Anglers 4790 Tavern Place Littleton, CO 80123
Telephone: (303) 978-5477
Colorado Parks and Wildlife
Colorado Fishing Atlas
- 10 Reasons People Get Lost in the WildSurvival Here’s how getting lost can happen to the best of us Between the years of 1992 and 2007, our national parks were the site of 65,439 search and rescue (SAR) incidents. In this day of technology, how does that still happen?
- DIY Camo Paint Job: Turn an Old Kayak in to a New Duck BoatHuntingWith a little paint, and a bunch of elbow grease, you can make nearly any piece of equipment disappear into its surroundings. Most commercial camo patterns are available…
- 8 Great Broadheads for Crossbow HuntingGear A quick look at the best crossbow broadheads from the leading manufacturers Crossbows are lighter, quieter, and faster than ever before. Despite all the technological advances, the truth is the broadhead at the end of a bolt is really what…
- Beagles, Religion, and Rabbit Hunting in the Pennsylvania HillsHunting Pennsylvania Pastor Robert Ford finds his calling amid his flock and a pack of beagles. Methodist pastor Bob Ford, nicknamed the Beagle Bard for his fondness for writing about his hounds, has a stature reminiscent of his days as a tight-end playing college…
- Book Review: Path of the PumaOpen Country A Q&A with hunter and author Jim Williams Jim Williams is a hunter, biologist and conservationist in Montana. His lifelong passion has been wild cats – particularly the mysterious creature called mountain lion,…
- 10 Reasons People Get Lost in the Wild
- 15 years of sustainability leadershipCalifornia non-profit FishWise has celebrated its 15-year anniversary and contributions to sustainability and corporate social responsibility amongst seafood companies.
- Science of breeding, genetics and feedThe last two sessions of the High Energy Mariculture Conference 2018 took on a more scientific feel, as talks turned to hatchery and breeding operations, disease-resistant fish, latest innovations, and how fish can be kept healthy to allow for maximum returns on investment.
- Site selection analysis and restrictionsSite selection is an extremely important part of starting an aquaculture venture, said conference chairman Langley Gace as he opened session 5 on day two of the High Energy Mariculture Conference 2018.
- Certification and aquaculture insurance adds valueThe second day of the High Energy Mariculture Conference 2018 began with business development and investment for offshore farms.
- 600t Atlantic Salmon R&D facility a successA 600t per annum salmon hatchery, smolt and market-size Atlantic Salmon Recirculating Aquaculture System (RAS) R&D facility in Poland has successfully grown several large batches since opening in 2016.
- 15 years of sustainability leadership
Call Water Damage Colorado Springs (WDCS) for all your water damage restoration and mold remediation needs. Serving the entire Colorado Springs Metro area
Category Archives: fishing
Colorado Parks and Wildlife officials are grappling with how to find new revenue streams amid budget cuts and millions of dollars worth of deferred maintenance stacking up at its dams and fisheries just in time for thousands of orange- and camouflage-clad … Continue reading
Ex-Colorado Fishing Guide, Jason Lesmeister, encourages folk to head north and try their luck at Alaska fishing. We were able to find this recent press release about Jason’s company: COOPER LANDING, AK / Many consider the Kenai River in Alaska the … Continue reading
Beneath the steep, red walls of this mountainous valley, Norman Maktima drifts his dry-dropper rig through a deep riffle in an undisclosed section of the Eagle River. (I would tell you where it is, but then I would have to … Continue reading
Conditions for the week of Aug. 30. Information is provided by Colorado Parks & Wildlife employees and local fishing enthusiasts. Keep in mind that fishing conditions change on a constant basis. Much can change in a week from the time … Continue reading